Fire Line

Fire Line

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Facebook Update #4

Drew was surrounded by so much love today as we celebrated his birthday and had his party. When we asked him if he had fun he said, "It was a fun birthday, but not my best birthday because I couldn't have my party at my house." We promised him that next year he could have a party at his brand new house. He also asked about Max (our cat) today. When we told him that we lost Max in the fire and that he went to Heaven Drew said, "I bet he is bald in Heaven because he burned.....but I bet God put water on him to stop the fire." Out of the mouths of babes..... Jack has been more fussy and unsettled. While he has no concept of what has happened, he knows that he is not in his house and he is starting to have a tough time. MJ and I are just surviving moment by moment. Every task takes twice as long as it should. We find that even trying to retrieve words to speak a full sentence can be difficult. We need to go and get ourselves some clothes but we don't even have the energy to do it....plus we want to make sure the boys are all set before we do stuff for us. This week we have the daunting task of going over to the house to see if there might possibly be some salvageable things in the basement that was in bins. We are doubtful, but we will try. There was no fire in the basement but the amount of water that ended up down there was substantial. Through it all, the generosity of people continues to amaze us. We were in Target today and Drew told the cashier that our house had a fire. As I was getting ready to pay, she reached into her pocket and handed me a $20 bill. I lost it.... I just keep telling myself that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.....but it is a ridiculously long tunnel and sometimes it seems like we will never see that light... Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and prayers. We need and appreciate each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment