Fire Line

Fire Line

Friday, November 14, 2014

Facebook Update #8

Yesterday was a decent day. We worked with Servpro and the guys who came to the house were amazing. The perfect amount of sympathy and comic relief to make a tough job a bit easier! The best part is that we were able to salvage about a dozen bins of stuff - that was a huge blessing. We salvaged our Christmas stuff, a few other holiday decorations, snowshoes (3 pair!), and a few camping supplies! Yesterday afternoon I went to pick up the boys at the babysitter and could not figure out how to get there. I turned around three different times and then finally pulled over and gathered my thoughts to figure out where to go. It was so maddening to not be able to collect my thoughts enough to pick up my kids. Just shows how full our brains are right now. Today we spent the day with the kids and did a lot of phone call work that needed to be done. PSNH and Dish are all set for the rental. We ordered a new crib for Jack, a modem for Internet and a few other things we will need for the rental. I had a bit of a meltdown today when I was trying to take care of paperwork needed to get the money for my totaled car. I didn't have the info needed because it burned, paperwork needed to get the title will take a week or so, etc. Everything is such a process. I went for dinner and drinks with a couple of work friends today and it was wonderful. For a couple of hours I could pretend that there was a bit of normalcy in my life. Definitely good for the soul. We should get the keys for the rental by the end of the weekend. Drew has Tumble Time tomorrow and a birthday party to go to Sunday. The boys had an awesome day today, the Mamas are utterly exhausted. Baby steps....

No comments:

Post a Comment