Fire Line

Fire Line

Monday, November 17, 2014

Facebook Update #9

Tomorrow we move into our rental. We were given the keys on Sunday so we have made a couple of trips over there with things we have bought for the house. The boys have loved running all around in the empty space. Tomorrow it will be filled with furniture thanks to the insurance company! We plan to sleep there tomorrow night. Drew is excited to make chocolate chip cookies and eat pizza and ice cream. We are excited to hopefully get back to a little more normal routine. The fire cause and origin guy from our insurance company visited the house yesterday for a long time. He does not believe that the extension cord started the fire like the fire department said. As a matter of fact he is pretty positive that it was NOT that at all. He is also positive that it was not anything to do with the power feed coming into the house. Beyond that he says that things just don't add up and he isn't sure what caused it. So the official word is "undetermined cause" - I'm not sure what I think about that. It doesn't give any closure to the whole thing. Drew is having a bit of a tough time. He just isn't sure where he belongs right now. I get it... He needs a space to call his own and he needs to know that he has a place to call home. He just sobbed again tonight. I feel so bad for him. He has woken up the past few mornings complaining that his teeth hurt. He must be clenching and grinding at night. The past couple of days all I keep thinking is that I just want to go home. But the reality is that I can' t go home. I want my rocking chair to rock my baby to sleep, I want to snuggle with Drew in his bed and read books, I want my coffee pot, and I can't have any of it. This is just the worst nightmare and you just don't wake up from it. I am hoping that having our own place will make a big difference. We need to find our new normal as we work through this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment